Well, we beat out ten other nominees, so I guess we did okay in the voting. Since the general public could vote every 24 hours, obviously some of the other festival organizers had a better plan than we did for rallying the fans to vote time after time. And two of these events had multiple locations, which skewed the results.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Specialty Food Festival are as follows:
- Picklesburgh – Pittsburgh
- Bacon and Beer Classic – Multiple Locations
- Pismo Beach Clam Festival – Pismo Beach, Calif.
- South Beach Seafood Festival – Miami
- Vermont Cheesemakers Festival – Shelburne, Vt.
- The Bloody Mary Festival – Multiple Locations
- Oregon Truffle Festival – Willamette Valley, Ore.
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival – Bardstown, Ky.
- Tamale Festival Houston – Houston
- National Fiery Foods & Barbecue Show – Albuquerque
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.