A lot of people make New Years’ resolutions, but I like to make revolutions.
1. I’m not going to open a restaurant in 2016. (This one has been on my annual list for 40 years now.)
2. With a brew pub opening every other day in New Mexico, I’m going to drink more local beer.
3. I’m going to rescue another dog. In 2015, I rescued Bruno, gave him to Pet-a-Bulls, and they found him a good home.
4. In 2015 we traveled to Washington, D.C., Orlando, New York City, Italy, Wisconsin, and Ithaca, NY. Ithaca was the only place I’d never been before. So I vow to again go someplace I’ve never been before. Not prison.
5. Next year, I’m going to write at least one novel.
Not all that revolutionary, I guess, but enough for me.