Little Changes We’re Making to Avoid Infection
We’re doing all the obvious things–always wearing a mask outside the home, no parties, no restaurant lunches, plus increased Zoom meetings, phone calls, and emails. It’s a pain in the ass, but there have been too many deaths to take a chance. Additionally, we’re taking these precautions:
- Increase online ordering. Need common items, like books, over the counter medicines, cigarette lighters? I now use Amazon Prime more than ever.
- Patronize smaller stores that serve multiple needs and monitor the number of customers shopping. Trader Joes, for example has high-quality foodstuffs, and beer, wine, and liquor. They limit their customers to 48 in a typical store, and everyone inside is masked.
- Buy a better mask than a $2 cheapie. The one above is the one I chose, from Outdoor Research at $23 with free shipping from Amazon. Read about this mask here.
- Eliminate frivolous shopping. I know Christmas is coming, but I’ve bought most of Mary Jane’s presents already–and all online. Avoid malls and big box stores.
- Insist that all visitors to your home wear masks–even family. Most spreaders of Covid-19 don’t have symptoms.
- Don’t believe the Trumpers or anti-vaxxers. They are dangerously unscientific.
That’s my two cents. Stay safe and avoid both cooties and viruses.